To book your place please call 03000 41 3000 or email using the buttons below.
About the virtual workshops:
These are on-line session where you can see the trainer and a power point presentation. You can ask questions, type in the chat box, or you can just simply watch and learn if that’s your preference.
It is simple to join from a smart-phone/tablet (you will need to download an App for this) or a computer. Full details of how to access the course will be sent to you the day before.
Options for Post 16 Transition
From 7.00pm to 8.30pm
The workshop will include the following (based on the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Code of Practice):
- To gain knowledge of Post 16 Transition options and the term 'preparing for adulthood'.
- To understand that preparing for adulthood starts in Year 9.
- To consider options for Post 16 education and the support that is available in mainstream colleges.
- To be aware that some decision-making rights transfer to a younger, Post 16.
Who can attend:
- Children and Young people with SEND (diagnosed or undiagnosed)
- Parent/carers of a child with special educational needs or a disability (SEND) in mainstream school or college.
- Practitioners working with families of children with SEND
How to book your place:
Please book your place via Eventbrite using the following link:
In line with General Data Protection Regulations, your details will only be stored until the day of the session.
Please note: Booking’s will close 2 hours prior to the session.