Autism and Asperger’s
People with Autism look at the world differently and interact and communicate with people differently too.
People with autism may:
- find it hard to communicate and interact with other people
- find it hard to understand how other people think or feel
- find things like bright lights or loud noises overwhelming, stressful or uncomfortable
- get anxious or upset about unfamiliar situations and social events
- take longer to understand information
- do or think the same things over and over
Being autistic does not mean you have an illness. It means your brain works in a different way from other people.
If you are autistic, you are autistic your whole life.
Autism is not a medical condition with treatments or a "cure". But some people need support to help them with certain things.
Asperger’s is a term used to describe people with Autism that may be highly intelligent.
Here is a video about Autism.