Toys, Activities & Resources for Lockdown
KCC Disabled Children’s Services are now able to offer families resources to help them during lockdown. The scheme is available to:
1. Disabled children and young people aged 5 to 17, who receive a Short Break including support from a PA, attend a Short Break activity programme (SBAP), an overnight Short Break or a Community Support Service;
2. Children and young people who are on SBAP waiting lists (assessed as eligible for a Short Break Activity);
3. Children and young people who have accessed a SBAP within the last 6 months;
4. Children and young people aged between 5 and 17 who are diagnosed with an autistic spectrum condition with an allocated Social Worker from KCC Children’s Social Care Team and are struggling with the lockdown;
5. Disabled Children and young people, including those with an autistic spectrum condition, aged between 5 and 17 who are currently in a Foster Placement and are struggling with the lockdown.
**Please contact your short breaks provider or social worker, so that they can endorse your application.**
The scheme will be administered by We are Beams, who will purchase items for qualifying families. You can find out more about the scheme here.